The VAWA self-petition is available if you are the victim of battery or extreme cruelty by your U.S. citizen spouse or former spouse, parent, son or daughter, and L.P.R. spouse, former spouse, and parent. To be eligible for the VAWA self-petition as a spouse you must meet specific requirements.

Are you interested in starting your immigration process?
We are ready to help.

The Process

VAWA Requirements:


  • You entered into the marriage in good faith, not solely for immigration benefits.
  • You have resided with your spouse.
  • You are a person of good moral character.
  • Qualifying spousal relationship
  • You have suffered battery/extreme cruelty by your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse.