Waivers are petitions to waive grounds of inadmissibility.
Common grounds of inadmissibility include:
- Unlawful presence bars, if an individual lived in the U.S. undocumented for extended periods of time
- If an individual has criminal backgrounds
- Waivers can be filed at different stages of a green card process.
- To determine what stage of the process a waiver is available, an experienced immigration attorney must analyze the case.
- If an individual has a disease which is considered communicable, and more