Event Visa

The Visa

The P visa is a visa for events, programs, and other temporary or one-time activities. It is employment-based, which means that an employer or agent must be the one petitioning an applicant with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. This visa is for those who intend to work in the United States temporarily for a specific event or program but not stay or obtain citizenship. This visa grants an initial period of stay of up to 1 year and can be extended by renewing the visa.

There are four P Visas:

P-1A for internationally recognized athletes coming to the United States to compete in a sporting event.

P-1B for internationally recognized entertainers or entertainment groups coming to perform in the United States.

P-2 for a performer or a group performing in an exchange program.

P-3 Artists or entertainers to perform, teach, or coach under a program that is culturally unique.


General Requirements

In order to qualify for a P visa, you must generally show that you are participating in an event or program and that you are uniquely qualified to participate in these events or programs.


Application Process

Are you interested in starting your immigration process?

We are ready to help.