Call us (951) 588 9838

Stuck In The US?

As we adapt to changes the Coronavirus has inflicted on all of us, travelers have an additional set of challenges to prepare for. What happens if we are quarantined and our Tourist Visas or Visa Waiver Program expires? With so much uncertainty, and closures being extended many travelers are in the US and can’t leave, facing a major dilemma.

If you are in the US on a tourist B1B2 visa, you face a choice to leave after your authorized stay or overstay because of fear of endangering yourself or those around you. Not to mention the many travel restrictions that keep changing day to day. You are required to extend your status, this can be done by filing the I-539 application online for you and your family. The I-539 application is available here, a filing fee of $455 will be applied. 

For those traveling with a Visa Waiver Program (ESTA), and cannot leave because of travel restrictions imposed by the Coronavirus. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services recommends that you contact the USCIS Contact Center. The USCIS will advise you if you are eligible for an automatic 30 day extension. 

Let us help you plan ahead. Check your expiration dates, and file your extension. Should you have any questions or encounter any difficulties, we are here to help! Do not hesitate to contact us . 

Visit Us: ilohb.com | Call Us: (951)588-9838 | E-Mail Us: [email protected]

Stay safe!

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.